ZPX Sample Player (Beta)
is a sample player plug-in with auto-mapping and zip file loading capabilities. It can load and auto-map samples contained in a .zip
file, and will automatically parse embedded .sfz
mapping files if present. In-built save-as functions let you export the mapping code and package everything as a single-file ZPK instrument.
The auto-mapping feature relies on a very simple file-naming convention: note_vel.wav
. For round-robin, you can use note_vel_x.wav
, where x
could be any letter or number. Both MIDI note names and numbers are recognized (e.g. C1_80.wav
). For velocity, L | M | H
(low, medium, high) are also accepted (note: this auto-mapping system is for version 1.01. A more advanced system will be implemented in version 1.02).
- Load mapping files (.sfz, .zpm)
- Load zipped sample libraries (.zip, .zpk)
- Display Cover Graphics and Metadata
- Key Solo'ing for Drumkits
- Save Mapping as SFZ or ZPM (plus)
- Built-in ZPK Packager (plus)
Still in the works...
- .sfz - mapping code based on the SFZ Specification
- .zpm - mapping code based on the ZPX Mapping specification
- .zip - may contain samples and a mapping file (optional).
- .zpk - just a zip file with a different extension.
- .wav - audio files can be loaded directly or from a zip file.
- Disk Streaming
- Soundfont (.sf2) support
- ZPX Editor (will replace SFZ Designer)
- AU version (once everything's stable on the Windows version)
- Full SFZ support (basic support already implemented)
- 1.01 build 149 09-25-2018 - Updated appdata folder for windows 10.
- 1.01 build 148 09-23-2018 - Initial release.
This plug-in is in Beta, and is still unstable in some hosts/systems. Thanks to Dan C. and others who have purchased licenses early, I have found major bugs that didn't turn up under my setup. I've temporarily disabled the 'buy now' button for the license. I'm currently re-working some GUI-related code to fix the problem. Feel free to download and test.
Download ZPX 1.01 for Windows - Free
||ZPX for Windows 7/8/10 DLL/VST3/x86/x64 (2.8 MB)
||16 ZPK Instrument Packs (via Mediafire.com 75 MB)